Ohhhhhhhhh U-S-A... U-S-A... U-S-A... U-S-A!

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by SnakeEyes, Dec 9, 2005.

1. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    Draw against Czech Republic, win or draw against Italy and fate is in our hands and we advance after doing what we need to do against Ghana. We win the group and face Brazil. Exploit their defense with our speed and maintain a backline to beat them and the Cup is ours to take. Otherwise we face Australia. Plain and simple.

We will not be shut down! We will perservere! We will play with confidence, passion and pride. The country will be watching! (in HD!)

This is the thread for flag waving, apple pie eating, red blooded Americans who are forward looking optimists that revel in being seen as an underdog, no matter the odds. We proudly claim our place in the World Cup's and declare June 12th as beginning of the month of reckoning to the world of soccer. Look out Germany, the Yanks are coming... again.

2. Fusion Logix

Fusion Logix New Member

Jun 23, 2005
    Miami,Fl
    i seriously cant wait for the czech and italy games...ive been pushing for our team to play competitive nations for awhile....the tune-ups against japan, norway are gonna be worth the watch...

3. ghazi

ghazi Member

Feb 27, 2004
    Chicago
    FINALLY! Some positive thinking!!

I started a similar thread ('Reasons to Rejoice") cuz there was so much negativity.

This is was we wated for. this is it boys! This is war!

. . wait. . i just quoted Nina's song 99 Red Baloons. My bad. :eek:

4. scumark

scumark New Member

Jun 24, 2004
    Fremont, CA
    "Livin' in Americaaaaaa..."
    Dunt dunt dunt du-nuh

I feel good!

5. URwormfood

URwormfood Member

Mar 24, 2004
    6 feet under: LOT 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    GERRRRRRR-ATE!!!

Yum!

~worm~

6. Gints86

Gints86 Thanks Mchead

Nov 15, 2005
    Rochester, NY
    You better believe it. Its strange but everyone I have spoken to at this point is confident. This could be the year when damage gets done. Italy,Czech and Ghana better watch out. The yanks are coming indeed.

7. Sean_94

Sean_94 Member

Dec 29, 2003
    Here comes the bulletin-board material:

Indeed, coach Carlos Alberto Parreira already is talking about the second round — and dismissing the Americans.
    "We will probably play Italy or the Czech Republic after advancing from the first round. They are very good teams," he said. "We would have to work hard to get past them, without a doubt."

8. SUSIE-Q

SUSIE-Q Red Card

Sep 24, 2005
    Boston
    ..and those are definitely your kinda games ! hope you'll enjoy them.

9. SUSIE-Q

SUSIE-Q Red Card

Sep 24, 2005
    Boston
    i like it when we are under estimated, and suddenly BOOM !!! like in Korea.

10. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    While I think it's less likely we will be underestimated by managers and teams, it will happen by the fans. Hell seems even our supposedly own. But that's not for this thread :D

Go USA!

11. lfcli30

lfcli30 Member

Jun 21, 2005
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This will be a repeat of the 1980 Lake Placid Olynpic games. We will be the underdogs, we do not have the same talent as everyone else...but goddamnit we will be better conditioned and will work harder than every other team in the world. We are Americans, we work hard for our living, and we will work hard for our glory.

12. Galaxian

Galaxian Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Newport Beach, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We did get one of the toughest draws out of everyone , if we do happen to beat Brazil , we then play either ( assuming these teams do well in their groups ) argentina , holland , mexico , or portugal . But how amazing would it be if we could get to where we got last time and maybe farther by going through the toughest teams in the world ? Bring them on . DTOM .

13. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i definately think we can actually win the group and even the WC if the US starting XI stays healthy and also overlooked but 02 showed how important, AVOID CARDS!!!! if we would have beat Germany we would be facing Korea with our reserves.
    for Brazil
    isn't Cafu what 36 now? there isn't a man who has ever lived at age 36 could contain Beasley. look people Brazil has the greatest offense that the world may have ever seen but look at their defense: Roque Junior(30), Lucio(28), Cafu(36), Roberto Carlos(32), Leo(31), and Maicon (24), Juan (27), Gilberto (30), Cicinho (25), and Luisao (25). not saying that these players aren't great players but they are beatable. brazilian defenders want to go forward especially against its weaker teams. this makes brazil beatable on the counter. if we bring our top game and they come in thinking we are going to be a pushover, then be afraid of the US.

14. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    i read this differently - i thought he was saying that the US will certainly finish in first, and that Italy and the Czech Republic will be fighting for second place.

!!!!!
    :) :)

15. Aalborg

Aalborg New Member

May 2, 2002
    Wanna get fired up check out this video

Go to this site www.footballclips.net

Hit concacaf then USA Soccer download

If this doesn't get you psyched up ythen call 911 cause your just about dead :D

16. swilso01

swilso01 Member

Feb 25, 2004
    Philly
    So since we might have to play Brazil in the second round, do we put Preki on the squad??